Interested in taking a geography quiz? Check out The 2014 Seattle Times Geography Quiz at the link below. There are 35 questions – you’ll find questions on Washington State as well as from around the United States and world.
Where will you be traveling this new year? Have fun!
Happy New Year 2015! Wishing you all the best.
Choice. Dignity. Love. Open. Acceptance. Strength. Opportunity. Progress. Compassion. Freedom.
Attitude… by Charles Swindoll
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important that the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.
– taken from Lupus Foundation of America newsletter
Snoqualmie Falls and Salish Lodge, WA – taken December 27, 2014 – a favorite of all places
Yesterday, I asked if you knew the titles of the song lyrics posted. The titles and the artist who sings my favorite version of the song are listed. Music tastes change but these are some long standing favorites. The answers are:
- Christmas in Dixie – Alabama
- O Holy Night – Martina McBride
- This is the Time – Michael Bolton & Wynonna
- Ave Maria – Lorrie Morgan or Placido Domingo
- Moon River – Andy Williams
- Holly Leaves & Christmas Trees – Elvis
- The Christmas Song – Nat ‘King’ Cole
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- My Favorite Things – Lorrie Morgan
- Merry Christmas Darling – The Carpenters
Enjoy the Season!
It’s the holiday season. Can you guess the title of these 10 holiday (or winter) songs? Tomorrow the song title will be revealed. Happy Holiday to You!
- and in Atlanta Georgia, there’s peace on earth tonight
- a new and glorious morn
- that your love will always be mine
- Benedicta tu in mulieribus
- waiting around the bend, my huckleberry friend
- christmas seems to come and go
- help to make the season bright
- hang a shining star upon the highest bough
- brown paper packages tied up with strings
- every day’s a holiday when I’m near to you
Autumn fades and Winter has arrived. Today is December 21, 2014 and it is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
Interesting facts about this day are:
Twisp River in the Methow Valley
“A full moon hangs high in the chilly sky,
All say it’s the same everywhere, round and bright.
But how can one be sure thousands of li away
Wind and perhaps rain may not be marring the night?”
-Li Qiao, The Mid-Autumn Moon
And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.
With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket,
And frost by the gate.
The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest,
Until next spring.
~ Clyde Watson