Molbak’s…especially in December, is a tradition held by many! It is the place to go to find every poinsettia imaginable, for a visit with Santa, to pick out your tree, take pics with your family and friends, and see an array of ornaments and Christmas decor alike. Many choose to make this their annual holiday outing with friends. Located in Woodinville, WA on NE 175th St.
We found the hard to find mistletoe here. Or maybe you are looking for Danish Kringle or a gift for the garden lover? Molbak’s has a wonderful selection of garden and home accessories, gift options, and holiday products. Take a wreathmaking class or add a collectible from Department 56. This year’s purchase - mistletoe http://www.molbaks.com/
Wight’s - much like Molbaks, Wight’s Home & Garden Wonderland of Christmas has a plethora of holiday trees decorated to fit many tastes. Purchase an ornament or get a new idea. I am always impressed how the staff can keep filling/decorating the trees, bins, and racks on their busiest days of the season. This year’s purchase - a gift (ornament), glass garland, and glass icicles. Located in Lynnwood, WA on 196th St. SW. http://www.wights.com/
Swanson’s Nursery – this outing is sure to please! Located in the Ballard area of Seattle on 15th Ave. NW.
- A gift shop filled with nature inspired gifts for you, your home, or a friend.
- Alexa’s Garden Cafe for a latte, a savory soup and scrumptious sandwich, an egg dish – serving breakfast and lunch
- Take a Seminar
- See Santa and the model train/village
- Visit Curley, Moe, and the reindeer in the stables of the Reindeer Festival! In case you are wondering… Curley is the Camel, Moe the Donkey
- Christmas ornaments, gift options, poinsettia, and all the other garden essentials
This year’s purchase - a package of cocktail napkins http://www.swansonsnursery.com/
Next stop: Squak Mt. Greenhouses and Nursery in Issaquah, WA . And while I’m in Issaquah, maybe a stop at the Cougar Mountain Zoo to see the Issaquah Reindeer Festival (since 1988) – Santa, Reindeer, and more… P.S. I recommend the gift shop! http://squakmtnursery.com/ http://www.cougarmountainzoo.org/Reindeer%20Festival/mainreindeerfestival.aspx