The Seattle Times does a great job of compiling their annual Summer Guide that showcases the many things to do in the Puget Sound area . Whether it be a favorite picnic spot, weekend-by-weekend events, festivals, concerts, farmers markets, 4th of July events, and more… you’ll be sure to find a variety of fun events that support your local community or are ‘within 4 hours reach’. Check out the sampling here: http://www.seattletimes.com/category/summer-guide/
Berliner Pub in Renton, WA…it’s where it’s at. This is where you’ll find the best Bratzel around (soft pretzel). Order it with cream cheese and a beer to make it a real treat! Berliner Pub is a great spot to meet up with friends, co-workers, to catch the Seattle Sounders game, order Schnitzel, Sausages, and more. The menu offers up some excellent options. Bar. Wurst. Biergarten.
It’s time for Seattle Beer Week! Celebrate in the Seattle area with a variety of events May 12th – 22nd, 2016. There’s a great many locations for a tasty beverage. See http://www.seattlebeerweek.com/ for all the info.
Also, if you haven’t been into Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery on Greenwood Ave N, check it out. http://www.flyingbike.coop/
On your next adventure to Victoria BC, check out the newest food truck, Songhees Seafood and Steam.
In a collaboration between Clipper and the Songhees Nation, they’ll be serving up a modern take on Pacific Northwest fare. Cuisine rooted in cultural heritage with fresh local ingredients. Chef David Roger has crafted an authentic menu that includes salmon, bison, and more.
Grand opening is May 12th and is located at the Victoria Clipper Terminal at 254 Belleville St. Great location for a tasty bite!
What makes for a fun outing to prepare for a Mother’s Day feast? Head to downtown Seattle to Pike Place Market’s annual Flower Festival ~ that’s what! Whether you make it for a few hours or all day, grab a bite and support the locals. Flowers. Halibut. Broccolini. Shiitake Mushrooms. Pork Hom Bow. Chocolate. Sunshine. Check it off your list of May events. Done.
Now this is cool. The Ballard Jazz Festival (an d Walk) is May 11 – 14th. Individual and festival pass tickets are available. Get the schedule, purchase tickets and download the festival program and Jazz Walk map at http://ballardjazzfestival.com/
So many fun things to do in May.
- SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival, May 19-June 12
- 18th Annual Camano Island Studio Tour, May 7-8 and May 14-15
- Savor Spring Food, Wine & Spirit Tour, Camano and Whidbey Islands, May 14-15
- Ballard Jazz Festival, Seattle (Ballard), May 11-14
- Windermere Cup Regatta / Opening Day of Boating Season, Seattle, May 7
- Go to a car show in Monroe or Downtown Everett
- Penn Cove Water Festival, Coupeville, May 14
- Nordstrom Beat the Bridge Run/Walk, Seattle, May 15
- 8th Annual Flower Festival, Pike Place Market, May 7-8
- 71st annual ’49er Days Celebration, Winthrop, May 7-8
- Spring Release Weekend, Walla Walla, May 6-8
- Apple Blossom Festival, Manson, May 13-14
- Untapped Blues and Brews Festival, Kennewick, May 13-14
- Play Ball! Check out a Seattle Mariners game
- Rhododendron Festival, Port Townsend, May 16-21
- Artisan Food Festival, Port Townsend, May 28
- Roots and Vines Festival, Yakima, May 14
- Northwest Folklife Festrival, Seattle, May 27-30
- Juan de Fuca Festival, Port Angeles, May 27-30
- Summerfest, Long Beach, May 28-30
- See a movie… like Captain America – Civil War
- and more…