So, this list was skipped at the beginning of the year but now that we’re towards the end of it, what did you do in 2018 that you can recommend? what did you love? what do you want to do again ‘within 4 hours reach’ of the Puget Sound area? As I’m a list maker and a scheduler, I can contribute with a list of my own…
- Visit The Bay area via airplane, so it counts for this particular list
- Check out 21 Acres in Woodinville, your sustainable living heart will love it. http://21acres.org/
- Northwest Flower and Garden Show
- Jazz Brunch at Sorrento Hotel in Seattle
- Wine Tasting. Poverty Bay Wine Festival.
- See ‘Hamilton’ at Paramount Theatre
- Did you see your Market Charm or order one? visit Pike Place Market
- Check out live Sumo with Sumo + Sushi
- Youth. Equity. Access. to the Arts – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Seattle Symphony, Ciara and Russell Wilson. And see Candlebox rock their 25th Anniversary tour – oh yeah!
- Snoqualmie Falls and Salish Lodge – hike it, pic it, eat it, shop it, massage it, love it
- Gig Harbor – visit downtown and walk Sehmel Homestead Park
- Walk 18 miles with EverWalk
- Seahawks Training Camp. Tailgate.
- Notable Restaurant? Meal? Movie? Theater? Concert? Sporting Event? Yes, please. Way to Go Seattle Storm!
- Play Croquet in the summer heat
- Camano Island waterfront
- Autumn Leaf Festival in Leavenworth
- Anacortes Bier on the Pier
- Extra: the holiday season…put out your outdoor Christmas lights early
Wondering what to check out during the Thanksgiving holiday and last few weeks of November 2018 in the Puget Sound Area? Here are a few ideas for the holiday season:
You may find me at a number of these.
What to do in 2017? Anything that will calm your heart and bring you peace, laughter, and joy. In other words, Rock it! Below are 17 options within four hours reach of the Seattle area.
- Hike the waterfall trails along the Historic Columbia River Highway Scenic Byway. It just celebrated its 100-year anniversary.
- Try one (1) new restaurant each month of the year
- Walk along the sandy, rocky beaches of Dungeness Spit, view lighthouse
- Visit and buy from a local farmers market
- Whidbey Island…stay at the Inn at Langley #pnw
- Attend four (4) fairs or festivals that you didn’t last year
- Lake Chelan ~ wine tasting #wawine
- Celebrate someone’s 50th – bingo karaoke? sky dive? trip to Paris?
- North Cascades Highway ~ the most beautiful place on earth
- Take the ‘Mount Rainier’ Gondola at Crystal Mountain ~ think ‘this year’s holiday card photo’
- Spa treatment at Whistler BC
- Port Ludlow and Fort Worden State Park. Try the Ludlow Falls Interpretative Trail, Around-the-Bay Trail, Murhut Falls Trail
- Go Mariners, Rainiers, Aquasox and Bells!
- Visit Hibulb Cultural Center and Natural History Preserve
- Run or walk a 5K or 15K ~ support a cause important to you or your like-minded friends
- See La Traviata, Luzia, or other to bring a little culture #hallelujah
- Hike the Washington State coast ~ http://www.outdoorproject.com/blog-news/16-best-hikes-washington-coast #outdoorproject
Whether you are excited or hesitant about the new year, it’s good to get out and get some fresh air. Here are 9 Seattle area beaches and walks that just might bring some joy to your life:
The Seattle Times does a great job of compiling their annual Summer Guide that showcases the many things to do in the Puget Sound area . Whether it be a favorite picnic spot, weekend-by-weekend events, festivals, concerts, farmers markets, 4th of July events, and more… you’ll be sure to find a variety of fun events that support your local community or are ‘within 4 hours reach’. Check out the sampling here: http://www.seattletimes.com/category/summer-guide/
Berliner Pub in Renton, WA…it’s where it’s at. This is where you’ll find the best Bratzel around (soft pretzel). Order it with cream cheese and a beer to make it a real treat! Berliner Pub is a great spot to meet up with friends, co-workers, to catch the Seattle Sounders game, order Schnitzel, Sausages, and more. The menu offers up some excellent options. Bar. Wurst. Biergarten.