What to do in 2017? Anything that will calm your heart and bring you peace, laughter, and joy. In other words, Rock it! Below are 17 options within four hours reach of the Seattle area.
- Hike the waterfall trails along the Historic Columbia River Highway Scenic Byway. It just celebrated its 100-year anniversary.
- Try one (1) new restaurant each month of the year
- Walk along the sandy, rocky beaches of Dungeness Spit, view lighthouse
- Visit and buy from a local farmers market
- Whidbey Island…stay at the Inn at Langley #pnw
- Attend four (4) fairs or festivals that you didn’t last year
- Lake Chelan ~ wine tasting #wawine
- Celebrate someone’s 50th – bingo karaoke? sky dive? trip to Paris?
- North Cascades Highway ~ the most beautiful place on earth
- Take the ‘Mount Rainier’ Gondola at Crystal Mountain ~ think ‘this year’s holiday card photo’
- Spa treatment at Whistler BC
- Port Ludlow and Fort Worden State Park. Try the Ludlow Falls Interpretative Trail, Around-the-Bay Trail, Murhut Falls Trail
- Go Mariners, Rainiers, Aquasox and Bells!
- Visit Hibulb Cultural Center and Natural History Preserve
- Run or walk a 5K or 15K ~ support a cause important to you or your like-minded friends
- See La Traviata, Luzia, or other to bring a little culture #hallelujah
- Hike the Washington State coast ~ http://www.outdoorproject.com/blog-news/16-best-hikes-washington-coast #outdoorproject
Whether you are excited or hesitant about the new year, it’s good to get out and get some fresh air. Here are 9 Seattle area beaches and walks that just might bring some joy to your life:
The Seattle Times does a great job of compiling their annual Summer Guide that showcases the many things to do in the Puget Sound area . Whether it be a favorite picnic spot, weekend-by-weekend events, festivals, concerts, farmers markets, 4th of July events, and more… you’ll be sure to find a variety of fun events that support your local community or are ‘within 4 hours reach’. Check out the sampling here: http://www.seattletimes.com/category/summer-guide/
Berliner Pub in Renton, WA…it’s where it’s at. This is where you’ll find the best Bratzel around (soft pretzel). Order it with cream cheese and a beer to make it a real treat! Berliner Pub is a great spot to meet up with friends, co-workers, to catch the Seattle Sounders game, order Schnitzel, Sausages, and more. The menu offers up some excellent options. Bar. Wurst. Biergarten.
It’s time for Seattle Beer Week! Celebrate in the Seattle area with a variety of events May 12th – 22nd, 2016. There’s a great many locations for a tasty beverage. See http://www.seattlebeerweek.com/ for all the info.
Also, if you haven’t been into Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery on Greenwood Ave N, check it out. http://www.flyingbike.coop/
What makes for a fun outing to prepare for a Mother’s Day feast? Head to downtown Seattle to Pike Place Market’s annual Flower Festival ~ that’s what! Whether you make it for a few hours or all day, grab a bite and support the locals. Flowers. Halibut. Broccolini. Shiitake Mushrooms. Pork Hom Bow. Chocolate. Sunshine. Check it off your list of May events. Done.