If you are blue (and even if you’re not) and are looking to get away, it’s a good time to schedule it. Whistler and Canada is calling. Best rates for ski and lodging packages ends November 15th. Let’s Go! Winter activities galore. Relax. Explore. Thrill.
June is a month of many…
- Wenatchee River Bluegrass Festival, June 17-19
- Fleur de Lis Festival & Art in the Vines, Westport, June 26
- Inspiring Beauty: 50 years of Ebony Fashion Fair, Bellevue Art Museum, through August 14th
- See the Afrodisiacs perform at Tulalip Resort Casino, Thursday evenings
- Farmers Markets abound
- Posing Beauty in African American Culture, Northwest African American Museum, through September 4th
- Drive Hwy 20 and beauty surrounding the North Cascades National Park
- Seattle PrideFest, June 26
- Atoms + Bytes: Redefining Craft in the Digital Age, Bellevue Art Museum, through June 26th
- River Rafting in eastern Washington
- Leavenworth International Accordion Celebration, Leavenworth, June 16-19
- America’s Classic Jazz Festival, Lacey, June 23-26
- Cool Desert Nights, Richland, June 23-26
- Taste of Tacoma, Tacoma, June 24-26
- Explore the many cuisines, specialty restaurants, bakeries and bars on Capitol Hill, Seattle. Too many to name. Someday.
The Seattle Times does a great job of compiling their annual Summer Guide that showcases the many things to do in the Puget Sound area . Whether it be a favorite picnic spot, weekend-by-weekend events, festivals, concerts, farmers markets, 4th of July events, and more… you’ll be sure to find a variety of fun events that support your local community or are ‘within 4 hours reach’. Check out the sampling here: http://www.seattletimes.com/category/summer-guide/
Berliner Pub in Renton, WA…it’s where it’s at. This is where you’ll find the best Bratzel around (soft pretzel). Order it with cream cheese and a beer to make it a real treat! Berliner Pub is a great spot to meet up with friends, co-workers, to catch the Seattle Sounders game, order Schnitzel, Sausages, and more. The menu offers up some excellent options. Bar. Wurst. Biergarten.
It’s time for Seattle Beer Week! Celebrate in the Seattle area with a variety of events May 12th – 22nd, 2016. There’s a great many locations for a tasty beverage. See http://www.seattlebeerweek.com/ for all the info.
Also, if you haven’t been into Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery on Greenwood Ave N, check it out. http://www.flyingbike.coop/
On your next adventure to Victoria BC, check out the newest food truck, Songhees Seafood and Steam.
In a collaboration between Clipper and the Songhees Nation, they’ll be serving up a modern take on Pacific Northwest fare. Cuisine rooted in cultural heritage with fresh local ingredients. Chef David Roger has crafted an authentic menu that includes salmon, bison, and more.
Grand opening is May 12th and is located at the Victoria Clipper Terminal at 254 Belleville St. Great location for a tasty bite!
What makes for a fun outing to prepare for a Mother’s Day feast? Head to downtown Seattle to Pike Place Market’s annual Flower Festival ~ that’s what! Whether you make it for a few hours or all day, grab a bite and support the locals. Flowers. Halibut. Broccolini. Shiitake Mushrooms. Pork Hom Bow. Chocolate. Sunshine. Check it off your list of May events. Done.