As we wind down the last couple weeks of August (and some may say the end of Summer), check out this list of ‘Top 10 Things To Do’ to make even more lasting memories –
- Visit the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass
- Ride the Ducks – use the coupon “DUCKDAYS” on any ride 6 pm or after Tuesday through Thursday till the end of August 2015. Quack!
- Take in a M’s game at Safeco Field
- Evergreen State Fair (the Monroe Fair as some of us know it), August 27 through September 7th
- Chase a Waterfall
- Stop in at the new Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery in the Greenwood area of Seattle – it just opened August 15th!
- It’s Washington Wine Month! Enjoy!
- Just opened this month! Make a reservation at Orfeo on 3rd in the Belltown area
- Art in the Garden – Bellevue Botanical Garden – August 29 and 30th
- Washington State International Kite Festival in Long Beach – it lasts all week August 17 – 23rd this year
Bellevue Botanical Garden’s second annual Art in the Garden was August 26-28th. It was a nice location for such an event as there is plenty of space for the showing of mosaics, ceramic luminaries, cast iron and steel sculptures, cement leaves, and copper water features, among others. The price range for most of the outdoor art was $50 – 1000’s (with a few less than). I especially liked Aiko Vail/Poul Erickson’s fused glass as well as Alison Hoagland’s blown glass garden ornaments. Another favorite was John Daoura’s wine barrel furniture (Dakota Craftworks) – the quality is apparent in these pieces, whether it be the chair, table, or other. The chair has a space for a wine glass too.
The Bellevue Botanical Garden boasts 53 acres of display gardens, woodlands, meadows, and wetlands. The Art in the Garden gave us an opportunity to view what was in season, which was mainly the dahlias. The land that makes up the Bellevue Botanical Garden also hosts those looking for outdoor recreation, with trails such as the Lake to Lake trail, Lost Meadow Trail and the Loop Trail. Stop in to visit The Trillium Gift Shop or in December, the festive Garden D’Lights. http://www.ci.bellevue.wa.us/botanical_garden.htm http://www.bellevuebotanical.org/fmvisitor.htm