As we wind down the last couple weeks of August (and some may say the end of Summer), check out this list of ‘Top 10 Things To Do’ to make even more lasting memories –
- Visit the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass
- Ride the Ducks – use the coupon “DUCKDAYS” on any ride 6 pm or after Tuesday through Thursday till the end of August 2015. Quack!
- Take in a M’s game at Safeco Field
- Evergreen State Fair (the Monroe Fair as some of us know it), August 27 through September 7th
- Chase a Waterfall
- Stop in at the new Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery in the Greenwood area of Seattle – it just opened August 15th!
- It’s Washington Wine Month! Enjoy!
- Just opened this month! Make a reservation at Orfeo on 3rd in the Belltown area
- Art in the Garden – Bellevue Botanical Garden – August 29 and 30th
- Washington State International Kite Festival in Long Beach – it lasts all week August 17 – 23rd this year
March is Washington Wine Month and to wrap up the month, there are two great events this weekend – try something new or try a favorite again.
March 29th – Capital Food & Wine Festival – Saint Martin’s University in Lacey, WA – http://www.capitalfoodandwinefestival.com/ Purchases are encouraged.
March 29th and 30th – Taste Washington – CenturyLink Field Event Center in Seattle – http://tastewashington.org/ Drink. Eat. Learn. Stay. Participate. Also, look into attending the First Annual Taste Washington Magnum Party on March 27th at Chihuly Garden and Glass
Stop by your local wine shop or tasting room for a taste of what’s being poured. A good way to keep up with what’s been poured is to get on their mailing list.
If you are up for more food and drink, check out Anthony’s Restaurants Oyster Festival. http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/best-of-season/
Can’t get much better than that this weekend.
March is Washington Wine Month! If you missed the first festival of the month, the Poverty Bay Wine Festival in Des Moines, WA (one of my favorites), you will have other opportunities to partake in the festivities. Other events this month are:
- Walla Walla Wine @ Sodo Park – Monday, March 12th at Herban Feast http://wallawallawine.com/
- Stop by your local wine shop for a tasting event – they’ll be able to tell you what you need to know about wine
- Try a new varietal at a favorite restaurant
- Taste Washington – Saturday, March 31st and Sunday, April 1st at CenturyLink Field Event Center http://tastewashington.org/
Some events during the month are listed on various blogs, newsletters, and websites… like http://www.washingtonwine.org/events/