On this last day of 2015 and you look back on the year, what was your favorite part of it? Was it a vacation or trip? A new person (or pet) in your life? A chance at a new career path? Did you run your first half marathon? Spent more time outdoors in nature?
As I update my 2016 calendar for the new year ~ Question: what was my favorite experience of 2015? Answer: in May… a 5-night trip to Las Vegas. We did it up VERY well!!!
My Top 16 list of other 2015 outings (in no particular order) are:
- Spending the final day of the US Open at Chambers Bay golf course with my dad and husband
- Drinking some very fine wine
- Enjoying theater. Favorite: Phantom of the Opera or Mamma Mia
- Enjoying concerts. Favorite Indoor Concert: Candlebox or Muse. Favorite Outdoor Concert: Afrodisiacs at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
- Taking the Victoria Clipper for a weekend to Oak Bay/Victoria BC to catch up with friends
- Road trip to Ocean Shores
- Road trip to Leavenworth
- Flight to Dallas, TX for the Seahawks/Cowboys game and to meet up with my brother/family. AT&T Stadium is amazing. Pecan Lodge. Iron Cactus.
- A dinner boat cruise on the waters of the Anacortes/San Juan Islands area via Mystic Sea Charters and Hellam’s Vineyard
- Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square … finding new shops (like Watson Kennedy, Clementines, Fleurt, Timothy De Clue) and restaurants (like London Plane) nearby
- Snoqualmie Falls #optoutside adventure
- Visiting Chihuly Garden and Glass along with dinner at Sky City and taking in the Puget Sound views via the Space Needle
- Tailgating and attending Seattle Seahawks games. Go Hawks!
- Attending a day full of action of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament at Key Arena
- Road trip in a Mercedes-Benz convertible to get a pedicure at Tip Top Nails in North Bend
- Taste ~ Road trip to visit a friend and check out Dirty Oscar’s Annex and Corina in Tacoma. Honorable mention: Vista Lago Restaurant in Kirkland
And being thankful for other places and people not mentioned here.
What is on your list for 2016?