So, it’s the start of the new year ~ what do you want to see and do this year? Here are 16 (for 2016!) that you might want to consider:
- Visit Deception Pass and the Rosario Beach/Bowman Bay area
- Head East from Seattle to Suncadia Resort ~ taste, relax, play
- Snoqualmie Falls
- Stay at Fort Flagler State Park
- Wine tasting in Walla Walla ~ make a long weekend of it as there is much to taste
- Explore the Kalaloch area of the Washington Coast
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Attend at least (6) six festivals or fairs (ex: Washington State Fair, Poverty Bay Wine Festival, Bumbershoot, Fremont Fair, Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, Seattle International Film Festival, Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair, Issaquah Salmon Days, Ellensburg Rodeo, Bremerton Blackberry Festival, Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival, Taste Washington… just to name a few).
- Take a hike and see Silver Falls at Silver Falls State Park in Silverton, OR. It’s just short of 4 hours reach.
- Run/Walk a 5-K
- Haven’t been camping in awhile? Maybe this is the year.
- Take more pictures (and less selfies)
- Visit (and support) the beautiful area of the Methow Valley. Winthrop, Twisp, Mazama and more… the activities and beauty abound.
- Go crabbing in the waters near Anacortes
- Leavenworth ~ take in Oktoberfest, Christmas Lighting Festival or visit anytime of the year
- Do it Local. See: an Everett Silvertips hockey game. Hear: local musicians. Smell: the fresh air of a nearby beach or park. Taste: a meal at a new restaurant or food truck. Touch: shop at a neighborhood boutique.