- Take a Winter walk or hike
- Lake Crescent on the Olympic Peninsula
- Attend a social distance festival, concert or theater production
- Visit Canada (when the border opens)
- Mount Rainier – re-visit it and see the renovated Paradise Inn
- Stay in a Yurt
- Golf, Fish, Ski, Snowshoe…somewhere
- Takeout from Deru Market in Kirkland, WA
- Take the ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island for brunch outside
- Northwest Trek
- See Silver Falls in Oregon
- Spheres at the Amazon corporate office (when they re-open for tours)
- See the renovated Space Needle, glass floors
- Check out the updated Asian Art Museum
- See the movie Top Gun / Maverick (due out in July), especially if you loved the first one
- Take the portable fire pit out to the street and meet up with the neighbors for happy hour
- Travel outside of within 4 hours reach
- Go somewhere new; try something new
- Go somewhere that you haven’t been to in a number of years. Support the smaller businesses too.
- Go somewhere that you love, that makes you happy; one of your favorite places
- Do something notable EACH month of 2021 #mightnotsuck
So, 2020 wasn’t what most of us had hoped for or planned. With COVID-19 restrictions, your well-thought plans were more than derailed. A goal at the beginning of the year was to do something notable every month of the year. That’s didn’t happen but I suppose that was by choice.
Did you attempt to experience nature, the beauty of the pacific northwest?
Did you get out and about to support your local businesses?
At some point, most of us were asked to stay at home. I was one of those… working longer hours and spent much of the time in our household bubble. And then for a few gatherings with friends and family, stayed six feet apart #wearamask. Throughout this post, you’ll see words or hashtags in bold that may have described 2020. The Tag section for others that may seem familiar. 20 highlights for 2020 were:
- Caribbean Cruise and trip to Florida
- Cielo Cucina Mexicana in Bellevue, WA – Yum!
- Canlis Restaurant. Celebrated 10th wedding anniversary
- Some personal training happened (but the results were soon lost), donated blood
- Virtual NFL Draft and Disco Inferno, All In WA, re-watched Hamilton, Cirque du Soleil, Les Miserables in Concert – The 25th Anniversary production – amazing!
- Snoqualmie Falls and Salish Lodge. Shop. View. Hike. Picnicked, celebrated my birthday with a cake from Salish Lodge, champagne
- Monday’s on the deck with Metallica Monday’s
- Experienced the Seattle Mariners home games this season with cutouts – that’s the spirit!
- Outdoors at Canlis Restaurant – Crab Shack. What a treat!
- La Conner. Walked the town. Pumpkins. Hellams Vineyard
- Meet up with neighbors for street side happy hour, Zoom calls, Facetime with friends, entertaining outdoors for 2, takeout (or pickup) Smoking Monkey Pizza, Go Hawks!
- Wine tasting in Woodinville
- A walk on the Cedar River Trail; a week of haze/smoke
- Restaurant Homer in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle. The most fabulous meal of the year.
- Board games, online shopping. If you like soft pretzels, check out Eastern Provisions Pretzels
- Vote! #RBG
- Pike Place Market. Viewed market charm. Picked up Panettone (3) from DeLaurenti’s Food & Wine. And couldn’t pass up a Hom Bow (and more) at Mee Sum Bakery
- Snoqualmie Winter Lights and Snoqualmie Brewery
- Almost finished outstanding photo albums using Shutterfly
Maybe there are a few listed here that can brighten your 2021. Where will we go then?
May we continue to acknowledge those that we’ve lost this year.