So, 2020 wasn’t what most of us had hoped for or planned. With COVID-19 restrictions, your well-thought plans were more than derailed. A goal at the beginning of the year was to do something notable every month of the year. That’s didn’t happen but I suppose that was by choice.
Did you attempt to experience nature, the beauty of the pacific northwest?
Did you get out and about to support your local businesses?
At some point, most of us were asked to stay at home. I was one of those… working longer hours and spent much of the time in our household bubble. And then for a few gatherings with friends and family, stayed six feet apart #wearamask. Throughout this post, you’ll see words or hashtags in bold that may have described 2020. The Tag section for others that may seem familiar. 20 highlights for 2020 were:
- Caribbean Cruise and trip to Florida
- Cielo Cucina Mexicana in Bellevue, WA – Yum!
- Canlis Restaurant. Celebrated 10th wedding anniversary
- Some personal training happened (but the results were soon lost), donated blood
- Virtual NFL Draft and Disco Inferno, All In WA, re-watched Hamilton, Cirque du Soleil, Les Miserables in Concert – The 25th Anniversary production – amazing!
- Snoqualmie Falls and Salish Lodge. Shop. View. Hike. Picnicked, celebrated my birthday with a cake from Salish Lodge, champagne
- Monday’s on the deck with Metallica Monday’s
- Experienced the Seattle Mariners home games this season with cutouts – that’s the spirit!
- Outdoors at Canlis Restaurant – Crab Shack. What a treat!
- La Conner. Walked the town. Pumpkins. Hellams Vineyard
- Meet up with neighbors for street side happy hour, Zoom calls, Facetime with friends, entertaining outdoors for 2, takeout (or pickup) Smoking Monkey Pizza, Go Hawks!
- Wine tasting in Woodinville
- A walk on the Cedar River Trail; a week of haze/smoke
- Restaurant Homer in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle. The most fabulous meal of the year.
- Board games, online shopping. If you like soft pretzels, check out Eastern Provisions Pretzels
- Vote! #RBG
- Pike Place Market. Viewed market charm. Picked up Panettone (3) from DeLaurenti’s Food & Wine. And couldn’t pass up a Hom Bow (and more) at Mee Sum Bakery
- Snoqualmie Winter Lights and Snoqualmie Brewery
- Almost finished outstanding photo albums using Shutterfly
Maybe there are a few listed here that can brighten your 2021. Where will we go then?
May we continue to acknowledge those that we’ve lost this year.