Located on Main Street in Edmonds, WA, Epulo Bistro is a neighborhood treasure… serving up charming ambiance, quality menu selections, good presentation and warm hospitality. As the restaurant filled with patrons, and the noise level rose, the setting still remained warm and inviting. This visit was to celebrate a special occasion; our choices for the evening included:
- Cheese: “Caveman” Blue Cheese, Peppered Goat Cheese, Mt. Townsend Creamery Trailhead, Honey Comb, Fig Compote, Drunken Cherries
- Oysters – “Kusshi” Oysters on the ½ shell with citrus chilli, mignonette, and lemon (on the daily Featured Items menu)
- Painted Hills Short Ribs, Roasted Potatoes, Arugula Pesto, Crispy Walla Walla Onions
- “New Bedord Scallops” – Butter poached sea scallops, tri-color lentils, mirepoix, leek caviar juice (on the daily Featured Items menu)
- Zeppole – handmade doughnuts dusted with cinnamon and sugar served w. salted caramel anglais
- Panna Cotta – Classic Italian vanilla cream, served with seasonal fresh fruit. On this night it was a Pear crumble.
- We enjoyed some of Epulo’s specialty cocktails to start and brought in our own bottle of wine for dinner (corkage $15)
Many other menu option choices exist…which will be tried on another visit. One thing to note: a friend highly recommends the Snake River Farms Wagyu “Flavor Cut” 6 oz as well. Dinner served nightly. Closed Monday. Brunch served on Saturday and Sunday.
I am sure some things have changed since late 2009, but I think this blog posting is an interesting addition – http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/allyoucaneat/2010344320_epulo_edmonds_welcomes_another.html
Epulo, whether it’s for a special event or an evening out, it’s sure to hit the spot. http://www.epulobistro.com/