Bistro San Martin, this gem of a restaurant in Arlington, WA, is worth any amount of time and or money to get there. They serve a fine dining menu that includes a fresh sheet with a nice variety of fresh, seasonal seafood, meat, and vegetarian options. The incredible handcrafted sauces add to the flavorful and delicious creations cooked-up in the open kitchen by Chef Martin…an excellent one man show behind the grill. Steve, personable and engaging, is the perfect front of the house host.
On the menu this evening, the following was thoroughly enjoyed:
- Mushroom Puff Pastry – Local Mixed Mushrooms Sautéed with Garlic and Fresh Herbs in Brandy Cream Sauce
- Gnudi Ravioli Potato Gnocchi – with Ricotta, Parmesan, Spinach, Garlic, Brown Butter and Tomato Cream Sauce
- Cup of Seafood Bisque – crab, halibut, and shrimp
- Jumbo Sea Scallops – Pan-Seared Fresh Jumbo Sea Scallops with Sambal-Tomato Beurre Blanc and Mixed Herb Chimichurri (South American Pesto). Served with Edamame & Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan & Seasonal Vegetable Medley
- Roasted Duck – “Maple Leaf Farms” All Natural Roasted Half of Duckling with a Seasonal Fruit Sauce and Red Wine Reduction, Basmati and Wild Rice with Toasted Almonds, Parsley, Green Onions and Seasonal Vegetable Medley
- Raspberry Champagne Sorbet
- Bottle of Five Star Cellars Merlot
The decor is a comfy mediterranean mix that has a warmth. The flower vases are made from antique silverware which I thought was clever and added a nice touch.
All-in-all, a definite gem in the “Seattle” food scene. The restaurant is closed for three weeks in January, so make a plan for a visit in the near future. Reservations are recommended. An all-around fabulous meal and experience! Be sure to put it on your “must-try” list for 2012!